|Posted by Wally Mays Contractors on November 26, 2010 at 5:45 AM|
Here are some recent images showing the potential danger of incorrectly installing low voltage Dichroic halogen spotlights. These spotlights were installed recently by another contracting company. They were installed in a school reception area. The staff noticed discolouration around the fittings and asked for further investigation. GOOD JOB THEY DID as this could have led to a serious fire. Please follow all of the manufacturers recommendations when installing halogen lighting particularly where they are near timbers or any combustable material. The lights in question have now been replaced with LED spotlights and relocated away from the joists.
Categories: Electrical Contracting